September 9, 2009

Kolo Albums

One of my absolute favorite weddings albums is from Kolo! If you are unfamiliar with Kolo, they are an online company based out of Connecticut that offers albums, photo books, and photo boxes. I find their albums so unique because they don't feel like they are mass-produced. In fact, the first time I saw one in person, it was from my friend, Annie, a wedding photographer, who showed it to me. Annie, who uses film as opposed to digital photography, actually uses them as wedding albums for her clients for a more vintage-like feel.

A couple of years ago, when a dear family friend of mine was getting married and I was in the wedding, I couldn't figure out what to buy him and his future wife as a wedding gift. After I became acquainted with Kolo, I came up with the brilliant idea of putting together a recipe book. It took me months to collect old family recipes from my mother (since the groom's family and my family grew up together), his mother, the bride's mother, and even some new recipes of my own. I typed up each recipe on an off-white card stock and put it into the recipe book. In the end, I had over 100 recipes in the book, but made sure to leave a handful of pages blank at the end so they could add recipes of their own as well! I even bought some stamps and printed, "Dean Family Recipe Book" on the front cover to make it more personalized:) The bride and groom loved the book and are still using it years later. The present was so affordable and really personal!

Another great item that Kolo offers are their paper albums. They offer a more extensive collection on the website, but I have seen them sold at Jo-Ann Fabrics as well! They serve as great miniature albums. If you had some fun pictures taken of you and your bridesmaids, you could give them to the bridesmaids as gifts.

No comments: