January 23, 2009

Saltimbanco

Cirque du Soleil does it again! I went to see Saltimbanco and was floored at the skills of the performers and I have to say I was was enamoured by the costumes. The entire time, I kept picturing an event in a large white room with pin spotting (lighting technique), highboys with lamour linen in apple green, sea blue, hot pink, yellow (typically, I stay very modern and refined when it comes to linen...but if you saw the show you would totally dig it!) and pictured three hours of amazing entertainment that would leave the guests begging for more. Just like I did as Saltimbanco was coming to end. I think that is what is so great about what we do, yes we plan fabulous parties but more importantly we give the guests an EXPERIENCE. Similar to a hotel lobby or a downtown Chicago restaurant where the decor takes your breath away!

Saltimbanco is a Cirque du Soleil signature show inspired by the urban fabric of the metropolis and its colorful inhabitants. - www.cirquedusoleil.com

Hope you use fabric and color to bring an "Experience" to your guests!

No comments: